...Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children in the faith, prayer, and all the virtues. They have the duty to provide as far as possible for the physical and spiritual needs of their children. (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2252)
Faith formation begins within the family and our parish religious education program is a support for the foundation that is provided with the family in the home. Faith formation is a life long process that includes involvement in the life of the parish. Your active presence at St. Joseph Cathedral strengthens and affirms the whole church community that we are all welcomed into through baptism.
What you can do
We ask your cooperation as parents and as the primary teachers of your children in the ways of the faith in:
- Faithful participation in weekend Mass with your children.
- Particpation in the Sacrament of Reconciliation with your children.
- Praying with your children at home and teaching them the basic prayers of our faith.
- Giving as much priority to religious education as you give to other activities of your children.
- Attending any scheduled sessions for parents.
- Cooperating in matters of discipline.
- Parent volunteering is welcome.
- Your family must be registered in St. Joseph Cathedral Parish.
- You must complete a Religious Education Program registration form before your child may begin classes.
- Fees are $40.00 for the first child, $20.00 for each additional child with $100.00 maximum per family payable at registration.
- Scholarship funds are available if needed.
To learn more about Family Faith Formation for grades 1-8 click here.
To learn more about High School Faith Formation click here.
To learn more about Sacramental Preparation for children click here.
For a registration form click here.
For a Faith Formation policy brochure click here.
For the calendar for grades 1-8 click here.
For Family Faith Formation expectations and teaching tips click here.
For the high school calendar click here.
For the First Communion class calendar click here.
For the August 2016 Newsletter click here.